Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mac Parental Controls

Few months pass since my son started to use a mac (MacMini for MiniMe) and now my daughter started to sneak to his (or mine) as well. As she uses computers for over 5 years now, she developed some 'skills' that allows her to access sites, bypassing Glubble and other solutions.
For example, she found how to use IE and FF to get the protective tools confused...

(I do not know if I am more proud or concern at this point...)

But as she started using the Mac, the situation is under control.
I started to use Apple Mac OS Parental Controls.

After a simple setup (see bellow), she has her own user and can use the system/Internet safely.









Now, I am looking for a solution to make sure there is no hot chocolate around my keyboard...
(And no, keep saying that does not help...)



Progress made in small steps...

E.T.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post ! I understand your concern about hot chocolate, ew had a keyboard kileld by water once...