Wednesday, June 20, 2007

LinkedIn or LockedIn?

I've noticed two main trends recently:

1) People are sending more LinkedIn eMails.

2) GTD (getting things done) become popular again.

I received so many LinkedIn updates in the last few weeks I decided to look into this trend. As it seems, my profile was not updated at all (nice feature they have there that shows you how much you are NOT up-to-date ), and my contacts list of very short. I decided to do something about it and started pinging my contacts. Very quickly my contact list grew by over 50% and I started to get endorsements from people I really missed...

Putting LinkedIn aside for a second, I noticed/discovered more and more Blogs and sites dealing with GTD.

"Echo Alert"
The largest collections I saw was from lifehacker.com.

A person could spend so much time picking and trying tools, no work will get done ever.

Coming back to LinkedIn... It is addictive. I must stop before it is too late...

(I guess I should keep my focus on the professional work rather on my professional network, or not?!)

E.T.


Technorati Tags ,,

1 comment:

Mickey said...

I really agree. It is addictive. However, maybe concentrating on your professional network will create the future of your professional work...isnt' that what LinkedIn is all about? Let's see what happens...
P.S.
I found a couple of old time friends I lost contact with so it's already beneficial in that sense (though I guess I could have achieved the same through Myspace no??).