Thursday, June 21, 2007

SuperNova2007 (4/...)

Spotlight: Udi Manber
Search is at the center of today’s Internet experience. The top search technologist at the top search company discusses where search is going



Notes:

Scale and diversity is amazing. It seems that 20-25% of the queries Google see each day are new…

One of the parameter of the search algorithm is location based, which helps/makes the result to be more relevant to the user.

Instance translation allows people to learn and consume information from other languages.


My thoughts:

Great short session about the current and future search features from Google.

As for the demo we saw - Does “Where I am” indicates “Who I am” and what my interests are?

I guess I could stay logged in to Google at all time and let them track me anywhere I go…


E.T.


Technorati Tags ,,,,

No comments: